Data Scientist — Protect and Care
- Developing predictive algorithms and analytic dashboards to track and support content moderation.
- Identified various levers for prioritizing content moderation, minimizing violating impressions up to 85%.
- Prototyped various tools and pipelines to monitor and detect high risk content online.
Data Scientist — Data Labs
- Implemented deep learning models in Chainer for unsupervised learning, computer vision, and natural language processing tasks.
- Successfully engineered interpretable features for content based recommendation using multi-modal item embeddings (text, image, context).
- Designed and analyzed human computation experiments to study ranking algorithms effects on human performance using mixed effects models.
NYU Global Institute of Public Health
Research Assistant — ChunaraLab
Supervisor: Dr.Rumi Chunara
- Analyzed over 50 million tweets to study the geographic and temporal characteristics of drug usage among twitter users in north america.
- Leveraged Amazon Mechanical Turk to build an active learning pipeline for heirarchical classification using SVMs to minimize costs for dataset creation.
Data Scientist — Sysomos Labs
- Prototyped advertisement optimization platform for offline targeted ads using multiarmed bandit algorithms.
- Improved clustering performance for twitter community detection on Sysomos customer products.
Liu J., Weitzman E., Chunara R.
Assessing Behavior Stage Progression from Social Media Data
Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing 2017, Portland, OR, USA
Rehman NA, Liu J., Chunara R.
Using Propensity Score Matching to Understand the Relationship Between Online Health Information Sources and Vaccination Sentiment.
AAAI Spring Symposium. 2016, Stanford University Palo Alto, CA, USA