If you're interested in contacting me for work or anything else, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Scientist — Algorithms (Data Labs)
- Designed deep neural networks in Chainer to study problems unsupervised learning, computer vision, and natrual language processing.
- Successfully engineered interpretable features for content based recommendation using multi-modal item embeddings (text, image, context).
- Designed and analyzed human computation experiments to study ranking algorithms effects on human performance using mixed models.
- Developing dataset creation tools that minimized leakage for time series classification.
NYU Global Institute of Public Health
Research Assistant — ChunaraLab
Supervisor: Dr.Rumi Chunara
- Analyzed 50+ million tweets to study the geographic and temporal characteristics of alcohol consumption amoung twitter users.
- Leveraged Amazon Mechanical Turk to build an active learning pipeline for heirarchical classification using SVMs to minimize costs for dataset creation.
- Submitted research paper to a conference as Lead Author. (currently under review)
Data Scientist — Sysomos Labs
- Prototyped a proof-of-concept advertisement recommendation platform for offline targeted ads using multiarmed bandit algorithms.
- Improved clustering performance for twitter community detection on Sysomos MAP and Heartbeat.
- Created MapReduce and Spark applications for ad targeting generation and various ETL.
Liu J., Weitzman E., Chunara R.
Assessing Behavior Stage Progression from Social Media Data
Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Submitted 2016, San Francisco, CA, USA
Rehman NA, Liu J., Chunara R.
Using Propensity Score Matching to Understand the Relationship Between Online Health Information Sources and Vaccination Sentiment.
AAAI Spring Symposium. 2016, Stanford University Palo Alto, CA, USA